Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Coming Home!

I got a phone call from one of Dad's nurses 10 minutes before I punched out at work on Monday. She told me that they were going to have a family meeting at 9:30 AM on Tuesday. She also asked if there was any way that someone could come spend the night with Dad to give him support. I said I wasn't sure and asked what was going on. She said she couldn't give me details. I left work. Thank God Chris was there to pick me up. We went straight to Kim's house and told him about the phone call. He called the nurse back and she told Kim the same thing. Kim decided that he would go stay with Dad. Kim didn't have a very good night. Dad was very out of it.
We had a family meeting on Tuesday. We got to Roswell at 9:00 AM. Dad was lying in the hospital bed and looked very worn down. Two of Dads doctors had a meeting with us. They told us that there was lymphoma in his liver and there was nothing else they could do for him. They said we could take him home and they would set everything up with hospice if that is what Dad wanted. Dad said that he wants to come home. We are waiting for hospice to get things all set up so we can bring him home. We are hoping to get him home before he is too weak to come home. We all told the doctor that we didn't want him in any kind of pain and that he had suffered enough. They said that we could leave him on his morphine pump so he had control of the pain. They said that he could be coming home today or tomorrow.


No comments:

 

Got My Cursor @ 123Cursors.com